Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Potty Training

Yesterday was a fun day around out house. It was "Potty Training Day"! This is a day I have been putting off for almost a year for various excuses. Well, all excuses set aside, I decorated our little bathroom downstairs on Monday evening with balloons and fun pictures to make it fun for Kate. She went potty right when she woke up with no problems, then we came downstairs and I showed her the party in the bathroom. She was a little confused, but she thought it was pretty neat. After a breakfast of pancakes and juice (she got to drink undiluted juice all day long!), Kate told me she had to go potty again. She did it all by herself! Throughout the day she had a few accidents, but she had just as many successes. I supplied her with lots of salty snacks and sweet drinks to keep her needing to go potty. It wasn't as rough of a day as I thought it would be. Ask me if I still feel that way in two weeks. :)
We might get brave enough today to venture out to Walmart to buy some cute new underwear. We'll have to see. I'm so proud of my big girl.

No comments: